As much as possible, the Drug and Alcohol Addiction Rehabilitation Recovery Treatment Programs attempts to replicate a normal living environment within the confines of a hospital. With the exception of the detoxification component of the program, all client meals are provided in a communal dining room buffet style and where clients are also free to make tea and coffee throughout the day.
Please note, no food and/or drinks are to be brought into the facility at any time either upon admission, or by visitors during the clients stay.
A varied menu is provided, and we are able to accommodate any special dietary requirements – please advise the staff on admission.
Televisions are provided in the lounge areas of the hospital only, along with daily newspapers.
Clients are expected to make their own beds each day (with the exception of detoxification clients), and linen will be changed as required
Clients are expected to do their personal laundry. There is a laundry for clients use in the hospital.
What to bring during your stay?
- Private health fund details, Medicare and any pension cards
- Any current medication and prescriptions (in the original packaging) to the hospital on admission
- Everyday comfortable clothing and comfortable walking shoes
- Night attire, dressing gown and slippers
- Alarm clock
- Please bring pens and writing material
- Photos of friends & family
- Favourite pillow (a doona may also be brought in if desired)
What not to bring
- iPods, radios, CD players, or mobile phones
- Cameras, computers or play stations
- Drugs or drug kit
- Gambling and gaming material
- All books & magazines, both general reading or otherwise
- Portable DVD/VCR players
- Revealing/Inappropriate clothing (e.g. tank/sleeveless tops; navel-revealing, skin-tight, or low-riding clothing; or those with references to drugs/alcohol).